Monday, February 15, 2010

Overdue - Mondays With Marv Update

It's been awhile since I have posted. I will be the first to say, the process of dying confuses me. One week I get the feeling we are going to lose Marv any day, and then I see him and think, "wow, he is looking better" and he says he is feeling better and starting to eat again, thanks to some new meds...and it seems like he could go on indefinitely...or at least much longer than what it had seemed. Confused? I know I am.

Monday's with Marv officially ended three weeks ago. We did not meet January 18th, and come the 25th Marv confessed he was too tired to continue meeting. Our bible study is not until 4:30 in the afternoon, and although I know my great boss would let me out any time of the day to meet with Marv, Jesse cannot get out of work, and drive back to town mid-morning. How sad. Marv did say that we were the last activity he was hanging on to. I am sure going to miss our Monday evenings with this man!!

Sundays are short greetings, hugs and good-byes. Marv is still making to to church, but it is an effort. As of Feb. 14 we switched worship venues - to the worship service location at Blackhawk that is nearest, A. the restroom, and B. the nurses station. Carol wants to make she if Marv passes out or worse, we have a short distance to the cot in the nurses station where she can call hospice. We've gone from the main venue, 3rd row back...to what I call the "rock n' roll" venue, back row. Actually the energetic music is great and there is no way Marv can nod off during the music. (LOL)

I did create a layout of Marv and myself. Hidden journaling spills my guts of how I am feeling through this time, the confusion, the wishes, the heart. Scrapbooking is indeed good therapy. I highly recommend it if you are going through a similar situation.

God's peace to you all. I suppose Monday's With Marv is no more so technically this series has come to a halt. But our trust and hope in God will never be halted - we go forth knowing a better world is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment